To visit Australia, you will have to get either a Visitor Visa, an eVisitor, or an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) before your travel. These visas are all short-term, tourist-type visas, the only difference is that the ETA and eVisitor are much quicker and easier to apply, compared to the Visitor Visa. Nationality of the passport, reason for traveling and length of stay will determine which visa is suitable for you.

There are FOUR major intentions for someone to apply for a visitor visa:

  • Tourist purpose means people only intent to travel around Australia. So, if you simply want to see the popular natural and cultural attractions, get acquainted with Australian culture and lifestyle, and just have a vacation, this is the visa for you.
  • Business purpose means people to conduct business dealing in Australia, such as signing or reviewing contracts, attending meetings, seminars, or conferences, etc.
  • Family Sponsored means that the applicant has family member or relative in Australia who is willing to act as the sponsor, who will be responsible for the travel expenses and ensure that the applicant obey Australian laws, visa rules, and depart the country before visa expire date.
  • Medical Treatment Visa is suitable for people travel to Australia primarily to receive medical consultation or care.

The following are the different types of visitor visa available:

  • Visitor (subclass 600)
  • Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)
  • eVisitor (subclass 651)
  • Medical Treatment Visa (subclass 602)

Please note:

  • If family travelling together, each person in the group will need to apply for visitor visa individually, there is no dependent applicant in visitor visa applications.
  • For subclass 601 and 651 applicant, please see link for eligible passport countries.